Have you ever realized that heroes in environmental action may be hiding among us? Local Heroes aims to discover individuals that are protecting the environment within your own local communities and neighbourhoods. Come and share their stories to inspire us to be heroes too!
Format: video recording
Explore your neighbourhood / local community and identify your environmental hero.
Plan your storyline and how you wish to tell their story. Will you interview them? Will you capture them in action? Will you ask people within your community to give comments?
Prepare your video and edit it to make sure it does not exceed 4 minutes. Make sure to minimize background noises when filming to ensure clear audio quality.
NOTE: Heroes are not only those who do life-changing things. They can be as simple as your local community member who leads the recycling effort or manages the community garden.
1. Open to youth of all nationalities, aged 18 to 25 and residing in Malaysia.
2. Your submission(s) must be centred around the competition’s theme of Climate and the Environment.
3. Stay safe! Follow the SOPs and protect everyone from COVID-19.
4. Don’t forget to get your interviewees’ consent to be featured in your video recording.
5. If you’re interviewing someone that is not a family member, go with a parent, adult guardian, or friend/companion. Always tell a parent/adult where you want to go and what time you expect to be back. Be safe!
6. You may submit as many entries as you like!
7. Please ensure that the submission adheres to the Terms and Conditions of the competition.
1. This category is open to youth of all nationalities, aged 18 to 25 and residing in Malaysia.
2. Applications must be submitted via the online form by 31 October 2021, 11:59 p.m. Malaysia time (GMT+8).
3. Your video must not be more than 4 minutes long. The recording should ideally be in .MP4, .MOV, .WMV, .AVI or .FLV format.
4. The file must be uploaded as a single file (not larger than 500MB), accompanied by a text description of the recording that is no more than 1,000 characters (roughly 150 words).
5. Make sure that you save the video in the highest quality setting allowed within the 500MB limit.
6. Extra marks will be awarded to entries that contain a mix of local languages (e.g., Bahasa Malaysia, English, Mandarin, Tamil, Iban, Bajau, Murut, etc.) or dialects in Malaysia (e.g., Kelantanese, Sabahan, Northern, etc.). However, for parts where other languages or dialects are included, a transcript translated in either English or standard Bahasa Malaysia must be provided.Submit Your Entry Now